Address to shareholder
from Richard Davis, Chief Executive Officer, U.S. Bancorp
A History of Financial Strength Since 1863
U.S. Bank is the fifth-largest commercial bank in the United States, and one of the country’s strongest and most stable banks. Our commitment to helping our clients succeed and our prudent approach to banking and investments has made us a leader in capital generation. Moreover, thanks to the best-in-class service of our 67,000 employees, we grow even stronger every day.
We are backed by the strength, credit quality and longevity of U.S. Bank.
What others say about U.S. Bank
We are pleased that organizations such as Forbes, Fortune, Global Finance and others believe in the power of our bank. They have credentialed us as among the safest, strongest and most respected financial organizations in the country.
- Among the top 20 wealth management firms in the U.S., Barron’s 2016 List of Top 40 Wealth Managers***
- "Most admired superregional bank" six years in a row, Fortune, 2011 - 2016
- U.S. Bank named a 2016 World's Most Ethical Company®, Ethisphere Institute, March 2016
- U.S. Bank ranked number one "most trusted retail bank" for the past ten years, Ponemon Institute, October 2016
* The debt ratings established for U.S. Bancorp by Moody's, Standard and Poor’s, Fitch and DBRS reflect the rating agencies' recognition of the strong, consistent financial performance of the Company and the quality of the balance sheet.
** Dominion Bond Rating Service
*** Barron’s “Top 40 Wealth Managers,” September 17, 2016, ranked by client assets in accounts of $5 million or more as of March 31, 2016.
Source: U.S. Bancorp Corporate Profile, period ending September 30, 2016